Charles River Ventures, a venture firm with a local office in Cambridge, has disclosed raising $393 million for its 16th fund (in a filing today with the US Securities and Exchange Commission). Though a Boston-founded firm, CRV’s Silicon Valley office has become an increasing focus; Yammer, Twitter, and Zendesk have been among the firm’s West Coast investments. But the firm has done plenty of notable deals in Boston in recent years as well, including HubSpot, Rethink Robotics, SimpliVity, and Fiksu. The new fund follows CRV’s $375 million, 15th fund, which closed in early 2012.
Get BetaBoston by Email
- A temperature monitor for babies gives new parents peace of mind
- Blink launches on-demand eye exams in New York City
- After takeover bids fizzle, Carbonite banks on small-business customers
- The world according to emojis: Americans love chicken wings, Russians love romance
- For tech CEOs, personal stories can have a big public impact