Charles River Ventures, a venture firm with a local office in Cambridge, has disclosed raising $393 million for its 16th fund (in a filing today with the US Securities and Exchange Commission). Though a Boston-founded firm, CRV’s Silicon Valley office has become an increasing focus; Yammer, Twitter, and Zendesk have been among the firm’s West Coast investments. But the firm has done plenty of notable deals in Boston in recent years as well, including HubSpot, Rethink Robotics, SimpliVity, and Fiksu. The new fund follows CRV’s $375 million, 15th fund, which closed in early 2012.
Get BetaBoston by Email
- Aereo's bankruptcy auction raises less than $2 million
- This year's TechCrunch Boston Meetup and Pitchoff features a roster of cool startups
- Swedish import Boda Borg will bring 'questing' to Boston area
- UPDATE: Sega buys local game maker Demiurge Studios, but doesn't get rights to popular 'Marvel Puzzle Quest'
- For Boston tech companies, beer is culture builder and recruiting tool