Charles River Ventures, a venture firm with a local office in Cambridge, has disclosed raising $393 million for its 16th fund (in a filing today with the US Securities and Exchange Commission). Though a Boston-founded firm, CRV’s Silicon Valley office has become an increasing focus; Yammer, Twitter, and Zendesk have been among the firm’s West Coast investments. But the firm has done plenty of notable deals in Boston in recent years as well, including HubSpot, Rethink Robotics, SimpliVity, and Fiksu. The new fund follows CRV’s $375 million, 15th fund, which closed in early 2012.
Get BetaBoston by Email
- HBS students launch Matter, a healthy, disruptive toothpaste
- 58 years ago this month, one MIT chemist took on penicillin, and won
- Animatron wants to make animation so simple, even Homer can do it
- After a string of incidents, Uber promises to upgrade its safety efforts
- Audio: Onshape chairman Jon Hirschtick on CAD, 3D printing, and more